If you wish to see artistic work made with ancient methods then this is the tour for you. We will visit Metal crafts workshop at Dhamrai, where you can see artisans with high workmanship ability make brass crafts by hand, which requires very high skills. The best metal craftsmen in Bangladesh are of the Kansari (brazier) caste and have extraordinary skills in the lost wax process. Metal Crafts Metallurgy began in Bengal as early as 1500 BC in the Chalcolithic age. Fortunately, a few craftsmen still practice this craft at Dhamrai.
We also will visit the pottery village. Pottery, which is one of the oldest human inventions, originated before the Neolithic period but Bengal pottery appeared around 1500 BC. In an alluvial country like Bengal, fine clay is a distinctive geological feature. In this village, you can see different types of vases, bowls, basins, jars, dishes and many different types of kitchen utensils. On the way we back you will visit National Martyrs’ Memorial (Jatiyo Smriti Soudho) which is built to pay homage those who sacrificed their lives during the liberation war in 1971.
- Visit metal crafts workshop A boat ride on Dhaleshwari River and see the countryside
- Visit Pottery village and see their lifestyle
- Try to make something with your hand as a potter does
- Taste Bangladeshi traditional dishes
- Visit historic symbol National Martyrs’ MemorialEnjoy a unique experience beyond your expectations.