Barisal is one of the most beautiful destinations in southern Bangladesh. It’s called ‘the Venice of Bengal’ for its beauty. There is another saying that, ‘Rice, Canals and Rivers make Barisal’. Ralph Fitch, a leather merchant and the first-ever Englishman known to have visited Bengal in the mid-1580s, described Barisal in his journal as, ‘Bacola’ (locally known as Bakla). Every year Barisal attracts domestic as well as international tourists in large numbers. All the rivers, canals and creeks spread out like a network. This tour gives you a chance to explore the most beautiful regions in Barisal by cruising the backwaters of Swarupkathi.
This is the heaven for Guava orchards, Hog Plum, Coconut, Palm trees and floating market (where goods are sold from boats to customers on the river). Numerous exclusive species of aquatic life such as crabs, frogs and mud-skippers, water birds including terns, kingfishers, cormorants and many more live in Barisal. Various leafy plants and bushes grow alongside the backwaters, providing a great scenic view of the countryside that will soothe your eyes.
- Overnight on antique paddle rocket steamer
- Backwater cruises on a country boat to see the scenic view
- Visit some village market (Bazaar)
- Visit the biggest log market in Bangladesh
- Visit rural areas
- Discover some different floating markets
- Visit a coconut shell factory
- Visit a brick factory
- Interacting with local people
- Enjoy a unique experience beyond your expectation