If you are looking for wildlife, biodiversity & natural beauty then Sundarbans Safari is the ideal tour package for you. Explore the largest mangrove forest.
Sundarbans, The largest mangrove forest in the world (139,500 ha) which is the home of the most beautiful tiger in the world – the Royal Bengal Tiger – lies on the delta of the Ganges, Brahmaputra and Meghna rivers on the Bay of Bengal. It is considered one of the natural wonders of the world and was designated as a UNESCO World Heritage Site in 1997. If you are quite lucky you might see Bengal Tiger on the spot which is a rare chance. Otherwise, you could see a lot of fresh footprints and also you hear the tigers roar. You will enjoy a canal cruise through canals and creeks, trekking in the forest to discover wildlife, biodiversity and its natural beauty. All this you will enjoy in the Sundarbans Safari tour package.
The Mosque City of Bagerhat is a formerly lost city situated in the outskirts of Bagerhat, at the meeting point of the Ganges and Brahmaputra rivers. This ancient city, formerly known as Khalifatabad, according to numismatics, was founded by the warrior saint Turkish general Ulugh Khan Jahan in the 15th century. It was a vast, prosperous city and administrative headquarters once upon a time on this swampy and marshy area. This historic city, listed in Forbes Magazine as one of the 15 lost cities in the world, has more than 50 Islamic monuments in the distinct Bengal variant of Indo-Islamic architecture. This site was declared as a UNESCO world heritage site in 1983. There are 7,815 mosques, 238 temples and 17 churches in this city. The main attraction is the Sixty Dome Mosque (Shait Gambuj Mosque). Apart from the Sixty Dome Mosque, the other buildings including Khan Jahan Mausoleum, Nine Dome Mosque, Singair Mosque, Bibi Begni Mosque, Chunakhola Mosque, Ronobijoypur Mosque, Kodla Math (Ajodha Moth), Ghora Dighi and Majar Dighi (Thakur Dighi) are remarkable.
So if you are a nature lover and want to come closer to the heavenly beauty which is bestowed by its divine nature and explore the medieval mosque city with antique Paddle Rocket Steamer then Sundarbans Safari is the best holiday package for you.
- Explore the largest mangrove forest on earth – Sundarbans, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, for full 3 days.
- Visit historical sites at Bagerhat, another UNESCO World Heritage Site from the 15th-century, including the Sixty Dome Mosque.
- Overnight journey on a century-old paddle-wheel steamer called Rocket.
- Full-day tour of Old Dhaka including rickshaw ride on narrow streets and a boat ride on busy Buriganga river.
- Spend full 3 days deep inside the Sundarbans on a small houseboat, with a group of 6 participants (maximum), anchoring in different places each night.
- Visit the wildlife sanctuaries inside the Sundarbans.
- Explore creeks and canals inside the Sundarbans on a wooden rowing boat for the maximum chance of spotting wildlife in the early morning and evening.
- Walk on a trail inside the forest accompanied by armed forest guards.
- Enjoy the best and the cleanest beach in Bangladesh deep inside the forest, hardly meeting any other tourists.
- Spot wildlife from an observation tower overlooking an open area where animals come to eat and drink.
- Visit a fishing village to experience the life of the fishermen of the Sundarbans.
- Visit a crocodile and turtle breeding center.
- Visit a dolphin sanctuary for the endangered Ganges and Irrawaddy Dolphin, the last two remaining freshwater dolphin species in Asia.
- Ride a Bangladeshi train – a unique experience.